Twitist Forums
how do you block facebook notifications? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: how do you block facebook notifications? (/thread-35689.html)

how do you block facebook notifications? - Bugz - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

how do you stop having facebook post a notification whenever you send some one a message or write on their wall or any thing. i find that very anoying and its none of anyones buisness whenever i post something. how do i stop that?

- jessica m - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

im still trying to figure that out myself! i cant find it anywhere! I use to be able to control it but i cant anymore and i HATE it. The new facebook sucks.

- beezy_713 - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

in your notification settings. Click on see all and then on the right hand side you will see a column with all of the things you are getting notifications about. Un-checkmark them and your set...you might have to click on a save changes button though.

- beezy_713 - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

i dont know how to totally stop it happening, but you can just delete them off your wall when it gets posted, e.g. *name* wrote on *name*'s wall. <remove>
(the remove button will appear when you hovver the mouse over the notification)

- genius - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

you can't block outgoing notifications in facebook. you only control incoming notifications.

If you like to change your incoming notifications, when logged in to facebook, click settings -> account settings -> notifications. Here you can change notifications settings for various events happening in facebook.