Twitist Forums
Is there a higher chance of me getting into an Ivy league if I go to Phillips Academy Andover? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is there a higher chance of me getting into an Ivy league if I go to Phillips Academy Andover? (/thread-35777.html)

Is there a higher chance of me getting into an Ivy league if I go to Phillips Academy Andover? - flatMenace452 - 11-09-2012 07:59 PM

This is the fourth hardest school in the country. George W. Bush went there, his father went there, the guy who designed central park, and facebook. If I go to this school, is there a higher chance of me getting into an Ivy league if I have Straight A+ rather if I am valedictorian at a public high school?

- Birdman - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

No, only if you do well there. Valedictorian pretty much gets to pick his or her university. If you do well at PA, you'll get a similar luxery.

- sitcpsitcb - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

Keep in mind that schools always judge you based on the opportunities available to you. So in most cases a public high school valedictorian is in much better shape for top schools than someone who was only in the top quarter in a competitive private school. Straight A+s at Phillips would obviously be a plus, but not if everyone else does just as well or takes more challenging courses or has better extracurricular participation.