Twitist Forums
My sister is being bullied, how can I stop this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: My sister is being bullied, how can I stop this? (/thread-35813.html)

Pages: 1 2

My sister is being bullied, how can I stop this? - Amy - 11-09-2012 07:59 PM

So these 3 girls are bullying my sister on facebook.
I was thinking of talking to the girls parents, do you think that will work or just back fire?
Also they are making these pictures of "who is prettier" type of thing WITHOUT my sisters permission. I was wondering if that was illegal?
I'm so sick of it, I need some advice on what to do.

Also if it doesn't stop do you think talking to the cops is the next thing in line?

- Sally Thorn - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

tell them if they dont stop your calling the cops and that you arnt kidding around and if they dont stop call the cops i know i would

- Jade Wicks - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

I'd definitely get parents involved. I would also let the school know whats going on. If all else fails get the cops involved, its better to stop it now than to wait until it gets worse. It upsets and sadens me how mean kids are these days, I hope that you get it figured out. Good luck!!

- Pikachu! - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

It's illegal. The same thing happened to me, and my mom called the police.

- Jake Kat - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

Well in someways it could backfire like the girls go up to her at school and go "I heard you're big sister talked to our parents you got us in trouble , now we're going to make your life worse!" but if they're only cyber bullies then they're too scared to do it in real life!!!! same thing happen to me but through email and it has nothing to do with anything i had done , Luckily i moved to public school and and in July 2010 we moved so it worked out for me.

- Pinky T - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

Report their behaviour and their *cyber bullying* to Facebook, you can do this easily if you go to their accounts or there is a choice to report it next to any comments they have made.

then close your sisters Facebook account! or she could block them an report at same time, you have lots of choices, go to Help section on Facebook where it addresses cyber bullying and what to do next!
good luck Smile

- hypoE - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

Give me thier names and I'll go psycho soccer mom on thier butts. Record the abuse in images and present them to the police. Depending how long this has been happening I would say let the kids parents know last so they can't use some bs to save thier kids. And yes it is fraud and impersonation...very illegal. If you can record that the police will definitly kick thier butts.

You can also block them on facebook in the security settings.

- lf - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

I think you should definitely get an adult involved, preferably a parent, not the police. And yes, report the behavior to Facebook.
Unfortunately, if your sister has posted pics of herself, I don't think it's illegal for someone else to use them, but you could check with the authorities about this. Also- are these kids her "friends" on Facebook? If so, get rid of them pronto.

The parents of these children aren't very likely to respond to a sibling, but perhaps to a parent. It really depends on what sort of parents they are.

You shouldn't have to handle this alone. Tell your folks, or some school officials. Sadly this kind of bullying is becoming all too prevalent. And while I know it seems like punishing your sister for their actions, maybe resigning her Facebook account for a while might help.

Good luck, sweetheart!

- L L - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

tell them to stop.

- malcolmx - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

I would go to an officer because cyber bullying is against the law. I would talk to their parents and show them what their kids are doing. Tell them that they need to stop their daughters from doing this or you are going to tell the police.. Print out copies of what those girls are saying on facebook and show it to the principal and this way you have proof of what the girls are doing. Also maybe you and a cousin or two can pick your sister up from school, somebody who can be there thats kind of tough.