Twitist Forums
Is it ok for a 7 year old girl to have a facebook page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it ok for a 7 year old girl to have a facebook page? (/thread-35920.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is it ok for a 7 year old girl to have a facebook page? - Mye Love - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

I guess it's not much of my business but I'm just curious. My stepdaughter is 7 she'll be 8 in August. She has a FB page and I just think that it's weird that her mother will let her. She logs on from her mother's Blackberry, so I'm wondering if it is her mother that is putting her up to that. Do you think it's ok for her to have a FB page?

- Robert Keys - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

You have to be 13 to even create a Facebook page so no.

- Rami - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

No, it is not okay, unless you want some creeper sending her friend requests. God, kids these days and their technology,

- 3taya - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

I think its ok . . .But u and her mother should warn her. . .Be carefull with ppl only accept ppl u know. . .And have a day or a few days when she cant enter to her Fb . . .Dont let her have an obsession just control her and warn her. . . Talk to it with her mom and with ur bf or husband. . .whatever
Good luck

- Jen - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

In my opinion, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! That's WAY too young...

- Amanda - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

i would say its not safe since she so young . but i would say get her password and look at her page to make sure no creepy people are talking to her or try add her as a friend to make sure about the creepy people

- Josh Phil - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

no i dont really think so...itll corrupt them from an even younger age

who does she even friend? i dont know anyone that age who has one

- Sarevat - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

She's to young for a FB page. Im sure her mother doesn't let her or allows it under certain circumstances. But seriously what would a 7 year old be doing on FB?

- immensestar369 - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

Well that's the youngest I've ever heard of anyone having a Facebook... Hopefully she has a private account. Or maybe she has one of those mothers who just doesn't care

- ☆Marie1013☆ - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

Nope. You're supposed to be 13 to even create a facebook profile and there are way too many creeps who send friend requests. Since she is only 7 i don't know if she'd understand how unsafe it is to accept people you don't know. At that age she shouldn't start obssessing over facebook. She should be focusing more on school.