Twitist Forums
What Should I Say About the Engagement or Should I Not Say Anything? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What Should I Say About the Engagement or Should I Not Say Anything? (/thread-36195.html)

Pages: 1 2

What Should I Say About the Engagement or Should I Not Say Anything? - faithfulbeast196 - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

Well I found out on my brothers facebook page that he got engaged June 27th. My family knows nothing about it. I JUST found out this very moment. I don't want to tell my parents because I know my brother would hate me for it. But I also feel bad for knowing. My parents don't like his girlfriend/fiancee too much. So should I tell my parents? Please no jack*** answers. I'm really not in the mood for them.

- MrsRed - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

Well if they don't like her, can you blame him for keeping it quiet and not telling you or your parents? It's his job to tell them if he is engaged or not.

- veritas85 - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

Talk to your brother about it. Maybe he's just waiting for the opportunity.

- belladonna112 - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

You know what? Let him break the good news. It is his news to deliver.

- Angel Q - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

If you want to use politic. Make the arrangement that your parents know about it by them self. some how make the facebook available to them or any other possible way.

- katie2008 - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

It is said that if someone keeps a relationship a secret from their family, then they are with the wrong person.

Obviously your brother is aware that his engagement would not make his family happy; but we don't know the whole story.

Why do you feel bad knowing about the engagement? That doesn't make any sense. There is a lot more to this entire story than you are telling us.

- tired - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

I would just confront him about it and ask him when he is planning on telling the family. Since your parents do not like her that much, maybe if he knows he has your support he will be able to tell them. Just be there for him and let him tell them.

- Sofa King - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

Don't tell your parents. Let him tell them, that's his business, not yours.

- Garnet Glitter - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

You may tell your brother you know but as far as making it common knowledge, especially with your family, that is up to your brother, dear, not you.

- jeanette - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

i would ask your brother about it... tell him you seen it on his facebook... if his family doesn't like the woman he is marrying, maybe that is why he isn't saying anything... don't break the news, it isn't your place...