Twitist Forums
How can I stop my HTC Hero from opening programs without my permission? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How can I stop my HTC Hero from opening programs without my permission? (/thread-36200.html)

How can I stop my HTC Hero from opening programs without my permission? - Pers0n12345 - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

My Android HTC Hero cell phone keeps opening and running programs with out my permission, even though I kept closing them or shutting them down with the app killer. It's annoying because it uses battery life and slows down the phone, and most obnoxiously, logs me into Facebook without me knowing it. How can I stop this from happening?

- coolboy_chilango - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

It sounds like its something wrong with the software, have you tried removing the battery??? If it does not work, you might need to master reset it, dont worry all your info is backed up!!!

- Corvato - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

this is common

if its an app that you don't use, you can use an app freezer, which will stop the app from running. if its one that you do use, you have to make sure its configured not to do anything that would require it to be live, like sending your facebook updates to your messenging, etc.

personally, i don't worry... those apps that are running that pop up after killing them use a very minimal amount of your phone and battery life. I will occasionally kill tasks after i have used things like netflix, but anything that is running after that i ignore.

- zbalat - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

That's Android for you.

You can't.

- Nikal Boye - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM

there are firewalls for android. use one of them,,