Twitist Forums
Would you pay child support for your husband's outside child if he lost his job? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Would you pay child support for your husband's outside child if he lost his job? (/thread-36317.html)

Pages: 1 2

Would you pay child support for your husband's outside child if he lost his job? - lynette - 11-09-2012 08:17 PM

Your husband had this child before her got married to you, and would pay from his own salary. The child's mother is working.

- Yummy Mummy - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

No.

- Bumble Bee - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

no i would not

- Poopypuss3 - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

He's going to owe what he doesn't pay, and they'll take it when he get's a job...

So pay it now, or pay it later.

- Captain Obvious - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

I'm a guy. Any women who would do that for me is a sucker. But I wouldn't stop her.

- Aurelia - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

If we had a great relationship, I could afford it and he was actively seeking work...probably. Getting into arrears for child support is a pain in the butt. On the other hand, I'd first tell him to get his butt over to the office of child support and file for a modification immediately, and if he had half a brain he'd do it, so I wouldn't be making that decision or payment in the first place.

- Chichibaby - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

Your question is confusing but if I read it correctly you're asking would I pay my husbands child support if he lost his job? Yes, only because it's not the childs fault and if I had the money to cover the time he couldn't until he got a job then I would. Having a child myself from a previous relationship I'd expect the same. You're married and are one, you share money, problems etc. Besides if he failed to pay on time then he could potentially face jail time etc. do you really want to deal with that?

- melly jane - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

why is his child outside?

- Poppy - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

Indirectly I suppose you would. He's got to pay some way. If it has to be from a joint account it still affects you. Sorry!

- AmBeautiful - 11-09-2012 08:25 PM

Not directly. I would help buy things for the child. But someone has to do something, because if those payments get too far passed due, they will arrest him and the bond money will go directly to the mother.

Its best to send something, send $25 her and there. Don't skip a whole month of payments thats how he get a warrant put out on him.
He can donate blood plasma for $50 bucks a week and send that to the child support office. There is no excuse for not paying anything.

Communicate with the baby momma to keep her cool.

My friend's husband was arrested for non payment when he lost his job and she paid $2000 to get him out of jail and it went to the mother of the child. He did cheat on her and get this child though.