Twitist Forums
Would you break up with your significant other under these circumstances? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Would you break up with your significant other under these circumstances? (/thread-36601.html)

Pages: 1 2

Would you break up with your significant other under these circumstances? - AyeHye - 11-09-2012 08:27 PM

1) You learned that your boyfriend or girlfriend had been sending flirty messages to someone else over Facebook.

2) Your boyfriend or girlfriend logged onto your Facebook and read through all your messages to see if any of them were flirty.

Would you break up with them under either, both, or neither of those circumstances?
@ 'lyssa - If you don't have a Facebook, substitute your text messages, handwritten correspondence, whatever.

- Jess - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

No. I don't care if he flirts and I don't care if he reads my Facebook messages. I'm fairly sure he knows all my passwords. I don't keep them a secret.

- ? - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

If it was a new relationship, I’d just end it right away and be done with it.

If I were emotionally invested in the relationship I would see it as a serious problem and there would be a come to Jesus talk. I’d be very suspicious but I may not end the relationship, at least right away.

--Jesse Pinkman

- ? - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

1) no, but I would want to know what's going on and WHY it's going on and if he wants to be with me

2) well, I don't have facebook so n/a

edit: well no, I wouldn't break up (notright away) but I would want to know why he doesn't trust me and feels the need to violate my privacy.
either he is insecure and has control issues or has been burned by someone in the past. I wouldn't want to be with someone who feels the need to snoop through my personal stuff.

- John Nelson - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

Neither one, but I'd be more inclined to break up for other reasons if they are doing this also.

- Seth - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

The first reason not so much but second reason yes. But dont just go bye what i say. We all got different opinion.

- Matt - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

1. naaa
2. no but i'd be pretty pi$$ed if she deliberately went through my phone.. but i leave it at hers anyways.

- Aggie - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

In a heartbeat.

1. Why is he with me then? If he's flirting with others, he isn't that interested, y'know?

2. Major invasion of privacy. And a total control freak.

But I don't do social networking.

- Sunshine - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

1 would be a deal breaker
2 would upset me, but I wouldn't necessarily break it off over that. Unless this was just in addition to him being suspicious and jealous or controlling already.

- surfagirl - 11-09-2012 08:35 PM

Yes, I think I would. Why would I want to be in a relationship with someone who obviously feels the need to be sending flirty messages to someone else, be it on facebook or text messaging? Nor would I want to be with someone who would feel compelled to go through my messages to validate my fidelity or lack thereof. =P