Twitist Forums
When should you send out birth announcements? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: When should you send out birth announcements? (/thread-37230.html)

When should you send out birth announcements? - yellow fuzzy - 11-09-2012 08:50 PM

And when should you have your baby's first pictures taken for those announcements? Is there an etiquette rule for when the announcements get sent out? Thank you!

- jed - 11-09-2012 08:58 PM

I am a proud father of two. Our youngest is now a year old. As soon as the doctor announced the successful delivery, I texted/called all of my friends and took photos of our baby (no flash, of course) and uploaded them in Facebook. I guess there's no rules/limitations in being a happy parent. Smile

- jah - 11-09-2012 08:58 PM

I don't think there is any formal rule. I had my son's picture taken when he was 5 days old cause I still wanted him to have that precious newborn look and used one of those photos in my announcement. I sent mine out pretty early because I live out of state and wanted show off my newest family member to all of our family and friends.

- Gretchen - 11-09-2012 08:58 PM

When you feel like it. There are no rules. Some people are in the mood to send the announcement right away - especially for the first or second child and others want to wait a bit. It's totally up to you. It is good to wait until you have photos because people love to see pictures of the new baby.