Twitist Forums
Have you ever gotten facebook friend requests from people with the same last name but you dont know them? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Have you ever gotten facebook friend requests from people with the same last name but you dont know them? (/thread-37246.html)

Have you ever gotten facebook friend requests from people with the same last name but you dont know them? - Angry Beast - 11-09-2012 08:51 PM

I am constantly (my kids and grandkids too) am getting friend requests from people with the same last name even thought we dont know them, i dont know if they are distant relatives or what but its kinda odd. I have friends who have had the same things happen before. I accept them but think its odd, have any of you have that happen to you before?

- faithfulstage502 - 11-09-2012 08:59 PM

Be careful with that. You never know who it could be. Maybe a serial killer, posing as a distant relative in order to get closer to your family....you never know, man....tehre are some twisted people out there

- ernesthinton - 11-09-2012 08:59 PM

I have accepted Facebook invitations from many HINTON's when my last name was HINTON: After the 4 Police Officers were killed in Seattle by a man with an accomplice named "RICKY HINTON", I decided to rebuild my facebook page: I was very embarrassed: He is no relation.. But, I don't want any association: I am so glad I changed my name.. Usually, you are very disappointed to have accepted friendship with these people whom seem to "at first" have so much in common with you..

- Meya - 11-09-2012 08:59 PM

Yes, but be careful there are a lot of people who are FB members just to steal details - let's face it you've given them all the information and it's worth big bucks. My FB page is minimal on my details, but i have tonnes of photos and things.

- Gaijin - 11-09-2012 08:59 PM

I have but I usually ignore them.My family is fragmented and spread out all over the place but just because we share the same last name doesn't mean I want to know them (guess that's why we're fragmented-lol).Don't want to get hit up for money or whatever.

- Catalina - 11-09-2012 08:59 PM

Nope but I have a weird last name. Haha

Just be careful and if you don't know them & don't care to, just ignore the adds.