Twitist Forums
Why would someone choose to post where they currently located, on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why would someone choose to post where they currently located, on Facebook? (/thread-37400.html)

Why would someone choose to post where they currently located, on Facebook? - StlYrFc - 11-09-2012 08:56 PM

I'm talking about posting " 'So and so' is 'here' ".
I don't understand why anyone would want Big Brother (I'm not talking about the show) to know that kind of detailed info about them so.... why would someone do this?

BQ: Do you really care to know this information about your facebook friends?

Ultimate question: Is that application really useful for anyone but Big Brother?

- yogi - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

So they can feel important

- Annoyingplane763 - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

i post to share my day to day life with family and friends from all over the world that aren't in my neck of the woods

- Shmoo - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

Some people are sad

- rtfm - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

First of all, why do you assume the government really *cares* about whether people post their location on Facebook, and second of all, why would *I* care whether or not the government knows where I am?

My FB status last night was "going to see Harry Potter". How on earth do you think anything bad could happen to me from posting that?

- crazyem - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

People think that they live in their own protected bubble, and that includes everything they do online.

- Gavin Trent - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

Well I think that facebook is a secret industrial utility set up by the government of montenegro to secretly eliminate all lammas that write poetry. This is because montenegro's history was conflicted negatively a lot by shakespeare, even though montenegro has only been country since 2006.