Twitist Forums
If you delete your own comment on Facebook, will it still show up in anyone's feed? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: If you delete your own comment on Facebook, will it still show up in anyone's feed? (/thread-37862.html)

If you delete your own comment on Facebook, will it still show up in anyone's feed? - Meg - 11-09-2012 09:15 PM

I commented on my sister's status and there were a few people who commented before me. I deleted it because I don't want to embarrass her about something and piss her off haha. Will any of the other commenters or my sister see it?

- Marketer - 11-09-2012 09:23 PM

no

- Rizwan - 11-09-2012 09:23 PM

No, It should not be shown. Feeds are all created and published based on the data in the back-end. It is however possible that it is displayed in the cache but It should only be for a certain amount of time. This behavior is usual but as long as It is optimal, the client re-fetches and re-render the updates deleting any existing invalid data on the Feed page.

- Flusterated - 11-09-2012 09:23 PM

No, it won't be shown on her page if you deleted it, HOWEVER she will still get the email with the comment you made if she is having updates emailed to her.