Twitist Forums
What are all of your personalized opinions on these popular sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter privacy (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: What are all of your personalized opinions on these popular sites? (/thread-37934.html)

What are all of your personalized opinions on these popular sites? - What - 11-09-2012 09:19 PM

Facebook, Tumblr, Myspace, Twitter, Fmylife, Damnyouautocorrect, 4chan, Deviantart, and ConceptArt.

- livelysleet365 - 11-09-2012 09:27 PM

Facebook - fun. Have lots of friends there and love to play some of the games.
Twitter and MySpace - boring
Never heard of the rest.

- ♫ Lee ♫ - 11-09-2012 09:27 PM

Facebook: It's a good way to connect with people, but you shouldn't spend your entire life on facebook. (I swear, some people are addicted to it)
Tumblr: I don't know, I've never used it.
Myspace: It was fun when I was in middle school, but I have not used it in years.
Fmylife: Love it!
Damnyouautocorrect: Never used it... I might look that one up!
4chan: Never used it.
Deviantart: Never used it.
ConceptArt: Never used it.

- Bradley P - 11-09-2012 09:27 PM

Facebook--I've never used it, and probably never will. There's just too much going on with it that's shady, in terms of lack of privacy. Not to mention, it is the _First_ place people look when they want to invade your privacy.

Tumblr--Cool concept. Basically a weblog where you post pictures instead of text. I'm glad some people can make it work.

Myspace--A weblog page that's seen better days. See, I've tried weblogging before, and....I stink at it. Truly. I get writer's block if I just have a blank page there in front of me and _nothing_ to react to.

Twitter--I haven't used it, never will. I hate it actually. Heard some of the worst news of my life thanks to other people's tweets.

Fmylife--Good concept, but....I've been writing in that style on various places on the internet for years. I don't know if it would be healthy for me to actually be there and get _more_ depressed.

Damnyouautocorrect--Never been there. Probably an FML-like concept from the sounds of it, and I likely wouldn't be amused much by it--since I already do know how to spell most of the time.

4channel--Hell no. *lol* Seriously, there may be more young folks there now...but there's still enough old-school hackers and psychos there that....no. Even visiting there would feel like walking on eggshells 24/7. No thank you. I am _not_ 'leet enough for 4chan and I know it. I couldn't troll hard enough to last five minutes there lately.

Deviantart--Some cool sites. ^_^ If I _ever_ learn how to draw again and/or get it in me to write again on a regular basis, that's probably where I'd go first. Truly. But you have to create, I get this. I'd have to get myself together and write again, at minimum.

ConceptArt--Sounds like Deviantart only more professional. I'm not sure about that. I've written some things but so far it's been casual stuff. I highly doubt people would pay me for short stories and such.

Just my plug nickel. Thanks for your time and patience.