Twitist Forums
I want to start a band but have no one to join? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: I want to start a band but have no one to join? (/thread-38307.html)

I want to start a band but have no one to join? - faithfulgalley431 - 11-09-2012 09:36 PM

Life at the minute it pretty awesome but would be amazing if I could be in a band. But none of my friends can play an instrument or can sing good enough for a lead singer. I play guitar, a bit of piano and can sing but no where near good enough for a lead singer. My brother can play the drums but doesn't want to start a band. None of my friends will join if I asked them so I don't know what to do. Any help?

- Ilove Facebook - 11-09-2012 09:44 PM

depends how old you are really; you could advertise on a facebook group or a poster in your local shops; or you could go it alone; make a youtube channel, and hope someone is willing to join in a band, you might not like him but justin biber started on youtube, and now he's famous so could you be Smile

- Christopher - 11-09-2012 09:44 PM

man well i am in a band were doing ok it was so hard it took us a while i am the drummer of a hardcore band were called brutally honest hint always follow the bass player to whatever place he is going to because they are impossible to find.
good luck
chris

- Tsukasa - 11-09-2012 09:44 PM

Heh, well I'm in a similar predicament but without any possible candidates to join me. I'd say put some recordings of yourself playing on YouTube, do a variety of music styles and see how people respond. If you get a good feedback (or you could just do this anyway) mention that you're looking for band members. Best of luck to you.