Twitist Forums
How should i convience my mom to let me get a facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How should i convience my mom to let me get a facebook? (/thread-38775.html)

Pages: 1 2

How should i convience my mom to let me get a facebook? - clen210 - 11-09-2012 10:00 PM

i want to get i facebook so badly. how should i get her to let me have one.

- ANDROOZE - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

Don't convince her. Just sign up.

- Rebecca J - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

secretly.

- zbalat - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

Get good grades
Behave responsibly
Honor thy father and mother

- cornrun - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

get 1 without her knowing.
when she finds out then blame it on mee.

- Helen W - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

tell her the reasons why you want facebook and tell her that only the people you choose can look at it
Which is true if you click that in the setup

- J - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

Most parents are scared of the social networking sites because they have heard the horror stories that involve them and internet predators.

I think if you really want to get on Facebook, you should maybe show her how Facebook works and how you can set your privacy settings so that only approved friends can see your information.

Another option to further help your case is to have her sit with you and help you set it up, so she can feel better about your privacy and well being. Don't list things like your address and personal information and make sure that only your friends can see your profile.

You might also get her to join and put her on your friend list so that she can feel at ease.

- Numark - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

Show your mother the benefits of facebook and how it can enable you to keep in touch and enlist new friends or contacts.

I actually can't believe I'm being impartial here as I hate facebook with passion :-)

But go for it. Be responsible, grown up and assure your parents you will abide by ettiquette.

Cheers
Numark :-)

- person190 - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

tell her that you can choose who can look at your profile and you realy dont have to put any pictures on it if you dont want to

- cat446770 - 11-09-2012 10:08 PM

Just explain to her that facebook really is safe, and you can allow or deny people who want to become your 'friends' on fbook. You can get a private page which means even if someone searchs your name, they can not see your account because its private. The only way they could see your account is if they tryed adding you as a friend, but then again it is up to you to accept or deny there friend invitation.

sooo basically it is all up to you, and you are in total control of the info you want to share.

or...you can sign up yourself.

best of luck!!