Twitist Forums
What thinks to consider in accepting Facebook friend requests? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What thinks to consider in accepting Facebook friend requests? (/thread-39487.html)

What thinks to consider in accepting Facebook friend requests? - A23 - 11-09-2012 10:35 PM

I don't use Facebook much. When I do, it's to look at friends. If I need to contact them, I will either e-mail, text, or send a Facebook message. I only post a few photos so I won't have a bare page.

I just got a Facebook friend request from someone that I don't know. They do know someone that I barely know.

What are the + and - to accepting Facebook friend requests?

- Ian - 11-09-2012 10:44 PM

Well, I started using FB about five years ago and when I first used it, I received a few friend requests from completely random people who I had absolutely no connection with, whatsoever. Anyway, I accepted the friend requests and I am still friends with most of those people. Indeed, I have become quite close to some of them. Completely random people who I would NEVER have met otherwise.
I have also become friends with people under the circumstances that you are experiencing. i.e. friends of friends who barely know you. All in all, I would describe my personal experience as overwhelming positive and, in a different world to this one, I would recommend it without hesitation. Unfortunately, we don't live in a different world to this one. We live in this one and it's full of weirdo, nutter axe-wielders who will wear your skin like a coat. Like. A. Coat.
It's your choice. Exciting, ain't it? ;-)