Twitist Forums
Is it really important to write your child's facebook wall on her birthday? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it really important to write your child's facebook wall on her birthday? (/thread-39930.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is it really important to write your child's facebook wall on her birthday? - Mark Mark - 11-09-2012 11:49 PM

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday, LOTS of people wrote on her wall including the mother, i just say hello to her sometimes but on her birthday i didn't. Me and the mother are no longer together, now she is telling me i should have at least tried, she knows i'm on facebook everyday.How important is that?

- John Doe - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

Most children hate when their parent's are on their Facebook.... it's called Facebook "friends" not family.

- Drea. - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

Well, It Would've Been Nice.

- elaeblue - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

Would it have killed you to wish her a happy birthday on Facebook - its two clicks really?

I would be terribly hurt if my Father was on Facebook and did not wish me a happy birthday - yeah its a big deal.

- Creative Monkey - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

its not important whether you wrote on facebook or not, what important is that you wished her a happy birthday! be it phone, text, in person, on facebook or other.

- Peanut - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

well it wouldn't of hurt to put on facebook happy bday. but I think a phone call is more personal. Although I can see where it would be important to your daughter to see that on facebook . I think an effort in some other way would be better, like I said a phone call or bday present in the mail with a card would be something to look more forward to.

- Peanut - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

Writing on her wall in itself isn't important,it's actually quite ridiculous. However,if you didn't even tell the child ''Happy Birthday'' on her birthday,you could have at least told her that through Facebook,since you sit on it everyday. I mean come on,not telling your own daughter happy birthday? How low is that?

Besides,nobody says that you had to write it publicly on her wall,you could have just sent a private message. It wouldn't kill you to send a card or call though. No wonder the marriage broke up.

- Pestychannel335 - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

YES YOU SHOULD IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN TO SECONDS TO WRITE HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND YOUR ON IT EVERYDAY THATS DISGUSTING IT DON'T MATTER IF YOU AND THE MOTHER ARE NOT TOGETHER ITS YOUR BABY GIRL !

- balkenthefalcon - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

You should've wished her Happy Birthday in some way, at least.. she's your kid, after all.

I don't think it would've mattered too much if you had really made her aware that you were celebrating her birthday.

- Tin-God - 11-09-2012 11:57 PM

the fact you need to ask this shows how inept you are as a father.
maybe you find it hard to separate your feeling for her mother but your lack of understanding is very sad