Twitist Forums
Is it the appropriate thing to accept friend requests from persons under 13 years old on their Facebook page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it the appropriate thing to accept friend requests from persons under 13 years old on their Facebook page? (/thread-40001.html)

Is it the appropriate thing to accept friend requests from persons under 13 years old on their Facebook page? - BrownSugar 2 Da Maxx - 11-09-2012 11:55 PM

Even if they know you personally? In my opinion, I feel that it's inappropriate for children under 13 to have MySpace/Facebook accounts.

- jwils068 - 11-10-2012 12:03 AM

THANK YOU! I completely agree. My little sister decided to go along with the little school-raging fad of myspace/facebook. When I found out my sister had an account, I went bizerk (considering she's under 13 and I believe that myspace is infested with criminals). I expressed my concerns about how her having one, but that really didn't seem to stop her. Even though I'm her older sister, I can't dictate to her what she can and cannot do. I'm glad that someone agrees with me. Everyone in my house just thought I was being paranoid/controlling and that it's completely acceptable considering the websites' popularity. They just think its the "new" email.

- DolCe - 11-10-2012 12:03 AM

I agree completely. I joined Facebook back when it was for college kids only, then they opened it to the public and it got a little creepy... but then they opened it to high schoolers which means that youngers kids would of course want to join. It's an invite for predators in my opinion.

- Ruby Jane - 11-10-2012 12:03 AM

l am not even in favour of Facebook.

- Sadie - 11-10-2012 12:03 AM

kids under 13 aren't allowed to join facebook. So if you know they're younger report them. I'd say even under 16s shouldn't really be on there.