Twitist Forums
Do you think its ok to take pictures of the dead? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think its ok to take pictures of the dead? (/thread-40017.html)

Do you think its ok to take pictures of the dead? - skoolgirlqt03 - 11-09-2012 11:56 PM

Ok My dad died feb 3 and my brother took some pictures of my father in his casket. I did not mind too much. Then, he e-mailed them to everyone in my family. Then he posted them on his facebook page. Is that okay?

- princess#1 - 11-10-2012 12:04 AM

okay i think its okay to send it to relatives but putting them on facebook is just a bit too much.....

- Matt - 11-10-2012 12:04 AM

seems reasonable to me....

- Dark Night - 11-10-2012 12:04 AM

its ok. when my grandma died we went to see her and i took a few photos with my phone. i didnt send em out to anybody.

- Christine B - 11-10-2012 12:04 AM

it's a cultural thing. To some it is fine and to others very gross.

Posting them on Facebook is a bit much, in my opinion

- kc922 - 11-10-2012 12:04 AM

maybe it was his way of healing.

but some people really don't like seeing pictures of the dead. i don't really know why someone would want to put them on facebook.

but i don't see anything totally freaky about taking pictures of them. it just personally makes me feel a little weird. like that the person isn't even really there anymore and yet they're in a picture.

i'm sorry for your loss. Sad

- ½ a brain - 11-10-2012 12:04 AM

I personally don't like the thought of having pictures of dead people. It's weird. I wouldn't want my corpse to be photographed.