Twitist Forums
Is Facebook really that good and why are people so obsessed with it? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is Facebook really that good and why are people so obsessed with it? (/thread-40375.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Facebook really that good and why are people so obsessed with it? - Geminijessie - 11-10-2012 12:26 AM

I neab yeah its good to talk to your relatives that you havent seen in a while or connect with long lost friends. But seriously, people just waste their lives on it and i dont understand why? Surely its better to talk in person to your friends than fb chatting which, by the way, never works anyway! Also, why do people do those stupid notes all the time and do stupid quizzes? Is there anyone that doesnt have it anymore??

- kirbydavid - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

its a good way to network and stay in touch with people

- EmoStyleGirl - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

well its not all that ive got facebook and really i only go on it for the games

- Driz - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

I just go on for an hour or two every two to three days to post what i've been up to and see what my friends have been doing. idc if people don't respond to my posts, its all about staying connected.

- Tiffany Eubanks - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

I hate all the social networking sites

- Jammies :) - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

it sucks

- Kimberly - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

It is something to do when you're bored, and you can see what everyone is up to without needing to meet them in person to ask. I call it "friend stalking"

- "/* Insanity - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

i've not yet signed up to facebook and don't intend to... for the same reasons you point out... if i wanna communicate with some, i prefer to make an effort and communicate in a more personal and direct way... call them, go over see them, even text them.. but not some note online saying hi.

it seems where people used to meet up for a tea or coffee and have a nice long chat, they now sit at their computers and talk via facebook... i don't see the appeal in that.

- Crazy / Beautiful - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

I have a facebook, but no its not really that exciting. Its a good way to communicate with people, plan social events, etc. But the quizzes and notes and sharing personal details of your life are a bit much. I like to keep most of my life private. It also irritates me when people have a photo album for pretty much every day of their life. Its like all they do is pose for facebook pictures and then upload them!

- Liam M - 11-10-2012 12:35 AM

I personally think that the quizzes are stupid and annoying because they clutter my home page but I do think facebook is a really good site for keeping in touch with friends and relatives. And no, I think everyone on the planet has facebook by now or at least it seems like that.