Twitist Forums
Should the office of Pope be elected by all Catholics rather than an elite minority of male Cardinals? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Should the office of Pope be elected by all Catholics rather than an elite minority of male Cardinals? (/thread-40610.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should the office of Pope be elected by all Catholics rather than an elite minority of male Cardinals? - Yasmin - 11-10-2012 12:48 AM

The elderly, male and mostly white Cardinals can never truly represent all Catholics. Could the church not organise a democratic election with all Catholics eligible, including woman, gays and blacks. They could od it through Facebook or Twitter. It would reinvigorate the Church and bring it closer to Jesus.

- Smilng Don - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

You do not need a pope you have the Christ

- john wondering - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

I think the pope should be elected by atheists!

- Tao Man - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

Now that would be a mess!

- proudjudge289 - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

Hell no, oligarchy for the win. I mean, whoever would want to actually affect who gets political power? Let's just let an 80+ old guy in robes decide who's best for the job.

- I Haz A Ball - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

lol. You talk as if the church was actually interested in equality, fairness, and all that good stuff.

- NEVER SUBMIT - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

quite simple....... because that is the way the "Catholic" system is........ if you change it that much it would not be "the catholic".... it would be something else.....if you do not like it..... get the hell out and start your own church.... then you can make all the rules you want your way....

no... I am not a "catholic"... I am very much opposed to their whole system....... but I for sure would not join them... and then tell them they have to change because I do not like their ways......

your position would not "reinvigorate" any thing.... it would destroy...... personally I wish you luck though.... I think the world would be better off without the papists in the first place........ so,...... never mind my comments... you go right ahead and try to "change" them........ out of existance.

- Tolstoyevsky - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

When Judas left his office, how was He replaced?

I don't want "all Catholics" deciding. We could well wind up with a Pope barack or newt.

- Misty - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

No.

The Church is not a democracy, it is a theocracy. It is as God intended, we shouldn't mess with it.

- Martin T - 11-10-2012 12:56 AM

This is just the thin end of the wedge. If we let them elect the Pope, next they will want to elect the top people in the Mafia ... That will bring the end of everything we hold sacred!