Twitist Forums
How do I take a friend off my Facebook Account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do I take a friend off my Facebook Account? (/thread-40673.html)

How do I take a friend off my Facebook Account? - Sheila C - 11-10-2012 12:53 AM

I said yes to a friend request from my sister in law. I really don't want her knowing my business though. Could I take her off my friend list without her knowing or exclude her from certain parts of my facebook account? How?

- r.a.i.n.b.o.w - 11-10-2012 01:02 AM

go to ur friend list and then press the tiny 'x' on the right side next to their name and this box with pop up where u should click 'remove friend'
Big Grin

- Md - 11-10-2012 01:02 AM

There are two things you can do.
1) Remove her from your friends list. You can do that by going to her profile and then scrolling to the bottom of her profile page and then clicking on "Remove from friends" or by going to your friends list and clicking on the "X" next to her profile picture. She won't receive any notification that you removed her, but when she looks for you and can't access your profile, she will know.
2) Go to Settings > Privacy Settings > Profile and then next to the things you don't want her to see, choose "Customize" and then add her name to "Except these people".

- dan - 11-10-2012 01:02 AM

open your facebook homepage, then click "Friends"
find your sister's name and hit the x button next to the name and she won't find out aboutt that

alternatively you can also add her to your "limited profile" list, which can be found in "Friends" page also