Twitist Forums
Is there really a virus on Youtube? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Is there really a virus on Youtube? (/thread-41773.html)

Is there really a virus on Youtube? - LivelaughLovato(: - 11-16-2012 05:19 PM

I was on youtube, watched like one or two videos then I got a few warnings from my Anti Spy ware thing, but I ignored it. A few minutes later I went on Twitter then someone tweeted that There is a virus going around on Youtube, don't watch any videos. About 5 minutes later my computer was infected. I fixed it (This all happened today) is it safe to go on? Is there really a virus?

- Alex - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

sorta. a java script was found that would make pop ups come out if you posted it in the comments. which is why safety mode was put on until they fixed it

- armin zolic - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

there is no virus you get from watching the videos but if you click the links then maby

- KEEREN - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

I think there is... I was watching a couple of videos and I saw the comments. They had these red underlined comments in a scrolling marquee which hid all the other comments.

- Nos_2411 - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

AFAIK (As Far As I Know) YouTube has been hacked using Cross Compiling (XSS) but I don't know of any viruses.

I suggest you disconnect your Computer from the Internet, and do a full system Scan. If it was just a pop-up on YouTube, example: "YouTube has been hacked by...." That ain't a virus.

- crookedlunchroom872 - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

Youtube is virus free. It could have been from previous viewed websites. You also have a antivirus program so your good. They make take a while to become active so yeah. its fine so get back to your favorite videos. Hope this helps

- J.Я - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

Youtube got hacked.

And people were using scripts in the comments.

Might be best to stay off Youtube until then.

I've heard of some people getting redirected to p0rn.

EDIT:It seems it's fixed now.

- Cammy - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

It depends what you look at. Some video's have viruses that can hurt you're computer or not. If you are watching a video and you think it looks too weird and not good quality, than don't watch it.

- Connor - 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO. I WAS WATCHING GHOST VIDEOES. THEN I WENT SEARCH THINGS ON GOOGLE. BUT EVERYTHING WAS BLOCKED. AND MALWARE STUFF CAME ON. LUCKILY I FIXED IT. I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED IT WAS YOUTUBE :l