Twitist Forums
why do weak minded people discredit the internet as a source of information? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter marketing (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: why do weak minded people discredit the internet as a source of information? (/thread-41905.html)

why do weak minded people discredit the internet as a source of information? - Liberal Hater - 11-18-2012 12:59 PM

good thing about the internet is its a free market of information on tv there are too many interests influencing what gets on tv. Yes, there is bad information on the internet but it doesn't take much to sift through what is real and what is fake if you are intelligent enough to use multiple sources and back track source info you get a more intelligent picture than you would ever get just watching tv or the radio. Yet, this source is still...discredited by many people and it blows my mind...

- Bitterson947 - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

The internet is a fine source of information.
Just not blogs, Twitter, or 4chan.

- Shovel Ready - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

I don't know anyone who discredits the Internet as a source of information. The last person to do that was Dan Rather.

- river915 - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

I suppose because there are so many generalizations that have nothing to do with reality.

Just like your question assumes something to be a general truth.

- callenqhranch - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

Those who find the freedom of the internet overwhelming are the ones who have lost control of the information war...

Fear of the truth can be quite overwhelming to those who had total control over what was reported to the American public and what was not reported.

- shorttray896 - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

Not the internet as a whole, just the off the wall nutjob sites like huffpoo, dailykooks, moveon, etc.

- Tha_Original - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

It's great for finding exactly what you want to hear. whether its true or accurate isn't that important.

- T M - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

Because they want you to believe what they say for their best interest.