Twitist Forums
How Much Time Does It Take For A Blog To Be Successful ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: How Much Time Does It Take For A Blog To Be Successful ? (/thread-42270.html)

How Much Time Does It Take For A Blog To Be Successful ? - Sandeep - 11-18-2012 01:02 PM

Straight forward, how much time does it take for a blog to be successful as in the blog should have a good regular page view, a standard Alexa ranking(like below50K) and also a reader base.
Provided that a blogger writes regularly, does the required SEO, has a spell check with unique content as well as a standard look.

- permanentmarker - 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

I've had my tumblr for about 2 years and I only have 600 followers, granted, that's tumblr and I mostly reblog stuff. SO IDK. Smile

- Organized Chaos - 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

Well, first of all Alexa is not the most accurate and reliable resource for ranking.

That said, I have a friend with a blog that celebrates its first anniversary this month. It is quite successful.

I have just started my own, so I have no personal experience yet.

- J-Dog - 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

It all depends on how much effort you put into it, and how much money you are willing to spend on marketing. Probably anywhere from 6 months to a couple years, depending on the topic.

The time can be cut drastically if you use a free backlinking service. Personally I recommend Social Monkee. It's free, and creates 25 quality backlinks to your website each day.
Here is the signup link
http://www.socialmonkee.com/index.php?af=67787

- Pearl Simpson - 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

The visits will increase slowly ans steadily. The important factor is your need to submit unique content and the post should be based on current affairs. I am sure you will get good visits and definitely SBM and other off page activities should be done regularly in order to get good traffic into the website. Thanks!