Twitist Forums
Does the Republican party represent conservative values? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Does the Republican party represent conservative values? (/thread-42785.html)

Pages: 1 2

Does the Republican party represent conservative values? - iamfourliberty - 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

Limited government, free markets, humble foreign policy and balanced budgets.

A good fiscally Conservative party cannot be equated to the GOP, so why do so many people who claim to hold those values stand behind the empty letter 'R'?

- Evil Ernie - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

That republican party hasn't existed since Eisenhower.

- K-win - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

Bush was polar opposite to all the conservative values, he didn't even represent his own moral views
No wonder even a lot of neo cons hate him

- Good Guy - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

No. There are Liberal and Conservative Republicans. There are also Conservative and Liberal Democrats.

We need to get rid of the Liberal Tax and Spend types that want to demoralize the nation and make its citizens dependent on and subservient to the government.

The conservatives understand who the Public Servants are and who the bosses are.

- sparkiemark13 - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

The Republican party is composed of people on a significant range of the political spectrum, from the religious hard-right, to the left-leaning centrists like Rudy Giuliani. When you divide the party down the middle, I think you'll find it has become a centrist party. Neither conservative nor liberal. So to answer your question: the Republican party does not represent conservative values alone, nor does it represent liberal values.

- duvvbrand - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

No.

They ridiculed Ron Paul for expressing those views.

The Republican party is a pathetic shell of Conservatism (no core values, only the urge to win elections)

edit: NeoCons hijacked the party and have convinced people that Social Conservatism (anti-abortion, gay marriage etc.) is what defines a conservative.....people bought it, and we're facing the consequences.

Remember, Bush got elected on a promise of "no nation building and small govt." AND DID THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

- Littlhrse - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

Are you asking or telling?

Call it whatever you like. I will NEVER vote dem. NEVER.

- Jordan A - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

That's why fiscal conservatives vote Republican. You only believe that the party is comprised of social conservatives because of your availability heuristic.

However, I believe that the two party system is ridiculous because the "one size fits all" does not apply to politics.

- Jimmy G - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

The Neocons have taken over and are systematically ruining the party. Its the main reason I left the Pubs a few years ago. They need to get back to core Conservative values and focus on the issues, not Rovian style attacks. If this past election wasn't a gigantic wake up call for them to change then I don't think there is any hope for them.

- Meg - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

Most people who say they are conservatives support the Republican party, so I assume their definition of conservative is different than yours. Using your definition Clinton is more conservative than Bush. Many people seem to think that being pro life is what conservative means.