Twitist Forums
What Is Wrong with Twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: What Is Wrong with Twitter? (/thread-43191.html)

What Is Wrong with Twitter? - thankfullinen319 - 11-19-2012 02:07 AM

Not that I was all that excited about joining twitter, but I signed up last night. I went through the steps, joined, and used it for about an hour. Today I can't access it--it won't accept my e-mail address, user name, or password, or any combination. E-mailing twitter support is no help; I can't get a password reset or any other response. I can't even delete my account because I can't log in to do so. Any help would be appreciated.

- Endevide . - 11-19-2012 02:15 AM

i just joined too.

but it says that there is a problem with my e-mail (i used my yahoo e-mail) it says that it can't sent me the confirmation e-mail (i can't find it in spam mail folder either) you usually get when you join a website. Do you remember getting anything like that?
The same thing happened on Facebook when i joined a year ago(where i used my yahoo AND my hotmail e-mails). I used another e-mail (pathfinder) and everything worked great.
So, if you had the same banner as i do on twitter, probably it was because of that.Yahoo is famous for it's bugs.
I found it natural for a service like this, to throw you out when they haven't been able to verify your e-mail account.
On the other hand, i didn't like the idea of making me give them my pasword. But, i always use e-mail accounts like yahoo, just for reasons like this, so it won't bother me so bad if they get hacked.
The only one i get serious is my hotmail.
Try to make a new account that you'll use only for signing up in sites like twitter, one of those small account services.No yahoo or Hotmail.

- reckless_ronin - 11-19-2012 02:15 AM

Exact same problem as you, even signed up yesterday as well. The thing is, even though I can't get a password reset emailed to me, I DID get an email from one of my friends saying that now they're following me.

Also, my twitter page shows someone else's profile for some reason.
http://www.twitter.com/recronin

- EDIT -

I used my own personal email for registering so I don't think it's a problem with Yahoo mail.