Twitist Forums
What are your ideas for solutions around helping our generation's effort to end extreme poverty in the world? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What are your ideas for solutions around helping our generation's effort to end extreme poverty in the world? (/thread-43676.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What are your ideas for solutions around helping our generation's effort to end extreme poverty in the world? - Dr. Jeffrey Sachs - 11-19-2012 02:28 AM

Half the world – nearly three billion people – live on less than two dollars a day. Eradicating poverty in our world will take dedication and creative thinking. What ideas do you have to contribute to the solution?

- Samoht Retep - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

I believe that the first step is to stop run away inflation and stop hoarding money. A multi-billionaire is tying down a lot of cash.
Second, stop raising minimum wage and start putting a cap on wages. Sorry, no one is worth millions of dollars a year in salary.
Controlling the idea of, "He who dies with the most is the winner!"
would alleviate the halt placed on the advancement and even survival of masses of good people.
What do I know. I only see people working themselves into the grave for nothing, while dead meat reaps all the benefits.

- Draven - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

The world Governments need to come up with their own versions of Government jobs programs. Have the impoverished and homeless do governmental factory type work for normal wages, not the "blown out of proportion" wages that the current workers get. They may not get rich, but with health benefits, and enough money to put good food on the table every night, it would not take long for these people to regain their financial stability.

- Phil P - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

In my own personal & humble opinion, that it is virtually impossible to end poverty. Jesus said it himself in Matthew 26:10 thru 13 in the Message translation: "When Jesus realized what was going on, he intervened. "Why are you giving this woman a hard time? She has just done something wonderfully significant for me. You will have the poor with you every day for the rest of your lives, but not me. When she poured this perfume on my body, what she really did was anoint me for burial. You can be sure that wherever in the whole world the Message is preached, what she has just done is going to be remembered and admired."

- Battlerattle06 - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

I donate clothing, food, and money. Sometimes it isn't much, but if everyone who is able to contribute, did so, it would make a dramatic impact upon those who exist in impoverished conditions. Education is another empowering tool to fight poverty. I'm not just talking about third world countries either, it exists right here in the USA. It is gut wrenching to see my fellow American go without. I volunteer, but there are not enough people involved. We can make a difference, by raising national focus right here, in our own "back yard".

- JustChill - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

rich people money and all politicians money is to be seized by the army and the salary structure is to be changed labour money in asian countries is very low and a officer is paid highly the ratio of labour is to be brought higher so every single man can live atleast a general. this can only be done by a great dictators democracy can't do it .It is failed in asian courntries they are doing very little and it will take generation to change.

- DramaGuy - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Instead of rewarding people for creating things that end up in the land fill within a couple of years, let's start rewarding people for creating things that last decades and can at least be passed down to more needy folk when the owners want something new.

- TINKERBELLE - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

I'm not sure we ever really can. Education, I believe can be a key to helping but then does everyone want to be educated? Then there is the issue of the poor having an inordinate amt of mental & physical disorders that go untreated. So between the 2 there may be a cure for poverty but then where are you going to get the money to finance all this?

- Ben - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Give them a proper economy and get rid of the dollar (dreadful currency) and wipe out India, China and most of Africa - that's the way!

- littlebattle358 - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

I believe there are two things that will benefit the poor the most.

Many families rely on the contributions of three and four generations to survive. Disease can cause an upset in that balance, putting extra burden on contributing members. The better we can be at preventing disease, the better the chances are for survival.

Better access to clean water would be a huge help to people. Clean water would offer better chances for good hygiene and disease prevention, drinking water for better health, and water to feed animals and irrigate gardens. I'm sure there is a reason why we don't do this, but I would think that digging lots and lots of wells would be a priority in impoverished areas.

The other thing I think would benefit the poor is access to better education. Just being able to read can help a person be successful, and knowing how to add and subtract can help prevent exploitation. The better an education a person has, the better their ability to help themselves and help their families and community.

My pieces of this puzzle would be to provide fresh water for disease prevention and production of food and an education to help people make wiser choices, handle their affairs better, and help others in their community.