Twitist Forums
What are your ideas for solutions around helping our generation's effort to end extreme poverty in the world? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What are your ideas for solutions around helping our generation's effort to end extreme poverty in the world? (/thread-43676.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Demonata - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Stop putting money into this stupid war and do something productive with the cash that we have.

Like helping people get on their feet.

- Halfling Pirate - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Perhaps the United States, and indeed the United Nations, should reach into the food surpluses and distribute food to many of the poorer nations. Perhaps another thing we could do is to have a tax-free government donation to food banks across the world.

But this concept is all in vain, unless we can prevent greed from corrupting people's minds. Greed will insure that these nations will stay in a state of poverty. Racism is also a contributing factor in this plight. Many will not give, because of the fact that a person is a different color than them, and it is sad. Others will say that it is up to that country's government to help them, when in reality, some of these countries won't give two sh**s about a person. It is a sad thing, that a person won't care about others. But this is human existence. Greed and intolerence reign supreme and children will suffer because of it.

The ultimate solution: Teach people about the suffering of others and about how greed and intolernce are links to greater problems. This is perhaps the only way to end suffering and poverty.

- Hannie - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

andmy question back toyou dr is how much $$ are you personally donating due to this advertz. your doing here on YA.........i went to your site.....and you profit from advertz ang. jolie on your front page.......

this site is not for personal gain.....

- Spanky - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

nothing can be done that hasn't already been tried. poor people shouldn't be having children. mass sterilization is our only hope.

- GeorgieGirl - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Couldn't agree more with x.k. - these basics are something we must strive to teach/learn/explore more. Also, for those that have the money, donate to causes that help make a difference, like "Doctors Without Borders", The Christian Children's Fund". All countries should also have programs to teach and send all peoples who wish to learn skills to assist others in need. In addition, we all have items to donate that others may have a need or use for. It is so outrageous to know that people are starving in this world - people: share YOUR wealth, knowledge, money o whatever you can to STOP it! Thank you, Doctor, for wonderful question, and we'd like to hear your ideas, too.

- martinamagrace - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

I see you already have many answers to your question. I don't have time to read them all at this time, so I will probably repeat something.
As long as you have greedy people in this world, your question does not have an answer, because there isn't one. You cannot contribute something to something you have no control over.

Simply put, our government needs a major overhaul. That will not happen soon enough to save too many people. What in the hell do all the millionaires do with their money? Including the president of the United States? They all have money they could support a poor country on and never miss it. Get the point? There will always be poverty. You can talk about it forever and you are not going to change it.

TO Allie! What happens when you ship all these animals to poor countries? They could be sick, diseased or half dead. Then you want people to eat them. Would they go over dead or alive? Girl, that was a very poor and disgusting answer. The animals are better off getting a shot and going to sleep. Don't give the idiots that run this government any more half assed ideas, they do enough of that themselves.

- luxyfoxy - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Teach values to our children, either in school or home or both. Things like human worth, charity, caring for others, respect for others, the value of kindness and fairness and giving them a sense of community - locally, nationally and globally. Children with these values instilled in them will grow up to be adults with the motivation and power to make positive changes in the world. Every action that happens in our world no matter how big or global starts with one person and their dream. People need to rely more on each other and less on our governments. Unfortunately, right now the people that are relied upon are few and far between, less people means less change. The future starts now.

- rosepetal - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

ok ....well some people who live in poverty probably hadn't given their education much value because if they did then they would have gotten a good job and made a living. All people who could still receive an education should take the chance because when we are older we have less chance to become educated. Basically, kids in todays generation should give their education more value because it has a tremendous effect on our future.

- victoriouswren323 - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Seriously stop paying 7 million dollars per album to singers....Stop paying football players 6 million....Stop giving so many people more money than the next 3 generations of their families know what to do with. Ugh...I can't even go on with this post because it just irks me so bad that.....either way, Somebody needs to quit wasting money frivolously, spend it on something useful other than themselves and the damn government needs to start using the peoples' hard earned money for something other than to line their pockets.....

- Jasper - 11-19-2012 02:37 AM

Poverty is caused by the effect of supply and demand. What poor people sell is their unskilled labor, there are so many unskilled laborers, the supply of unskilled labor always excedes the demand, thus they get paid little for their labor. What is needed is a decrease in the number of poor people. This can be achieved by helping them select the sex of their children, i.e. abort the females. In the future there would be a much lower percentage of females,so fewer children r born, thus reducing the number of poor people, which reduces the supply of unskilled labor, making it worth more, so unskilled laborers get paid more. This solution may be unpopular but I bet u $1000 it has a better chance of working then any other answer u get. The more u think about this, the more u will agree with me. If u want to try someting that wont work, educate them, I graduated from college, I still have no job.