Twitist Forums
Can you send a private message on Twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Can you send a private message on Twitter? (/thread-43795.html)

Can you send a private message on Twitter? - Serena - 11-19-2012 02:33 AM

Since I'm new to Twitter, I'm curious if you could send a private message on Twitter. You know, like the only person that could read it is the sender and the receiver. If there is, how would I do it?

- Ridzki - 11-19-2012 02:42 AM

Yup, it's called Direct Message in twitter. 2 ways to do it:
a. Select Direct Message option from the menu on top.
b. If you're familiar with using '@<username> <message>' format, to make it a Direct Message use 'D <username> <message>' instead.

- Frank - 11-19-2012 02:42 AM

using Twitter's shorthand, you can get into a d, followed by the login name you'd like to deliver a concept to, followed by your concept. This is reinforced through both the web program and through third-party applications

- Shanelle - 11-19-2012 02:42 AM

Yes there is, but the person has to be following you back. It's called Direct Messages. If you go to their twitter profile, on the top right hand corner, there are two buttons. One is a blue one and has the writing "Following" on it, and next to it is a button with a person. Click on that, a drop down menu will pop up, there will be a selection of choices. Click "Send a direct message". And there you go! But remember, the person has to be following you back. (: