Twitist Forums
Christians - if you discovered, tomorrow, that God was a myth, which would you do first? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Christians - if you discovered, tomorrow, that God was a myth, which would you do first? (/thread-44787.html)

Pages: 1 2

Christians - if you discovered, tomorrow, that God was a myth, which would you do first? - SupaStar - 11-22-2012 05:01 AM

Would you rob a bank?
Rape someone?
Murder someone?

After all, assuming that you understand (in this hypothetical, for you) god is a myth, you would have no basis for your morality, correct?

- CalleyD - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

I'm busy tomorrow

- M (atheist) - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

The same thing they do every time its pointed out to them that God is a myth, deny deny deny.

- Dawñ - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

most people would have natural moral reservations but personally i wouldnt have a problem with pillaging .. afterall, thats what the elite do to us .. but i know i know .. the tv shows you smiling bs and you like to live in a goofy fantasy world .. well .... welcome to the real world where you are ruled ..

- james o - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

Well, I'd assume that the info was possibly bogus, so.....

It seems to me that your attitude typifies those who have this illusion that it is possible to know without doubt, and I'm convinced that such is not possible, so I can't really get into taking this questions seriously, with all due respect.

- Respectedrain439 - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

TRY... try to do... I will stop them.

- CHANCE - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

I would do none of those because, contrary to your ignorant belief, we still would have basis for morality.

It dosn't matter if God is real or not, but if you still follow the teachings you will live a more peaceful, happy life. Problem is the majority of Christians don't follow the teachings, that's how we end up with war and stuff like that.

If everyone followed the teachings of Jesus, we'd have world peace and prosper instead of fighting like little 2 year olds.

- wilson - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

God will never be proven as a myth because he is real

- skinner - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

This for me is not hypothetical. I know 100% that God and His Son Jesus Christ are real. They can't be a myth. They aren't. There will never be a time when I think, for one second, that God and Jesus aren't there, wanting me to do the right things, and repent, so I can return and live with them for eternity.

- mammothplastic696 - 11-22-2012 05:09 AM

I don't care how many times science claims that there is no God, my faith is steady and I will continue to believe.

As for your question: I could never rob a bank because I couldn't live with the guilt, as a sexual abuse victim, I would never be able to rape someone, and I can't even handle raw meat without wanting to hurl so murder is out of the question.