Twitist Forums
How can I appreciate who I am? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: How can I appreciate who I am? (/thread-45439.html)

How can I appreciate who I am? - Elisa - 11-27-2012 06:30 AM

I suffered from depression and anxiety when I was a preteen. It caused me to drop out of school. I became homeschooled. The public schools in my city are mostly ghetto and just plain bad. I felt like I couldn't fit in and that I didn't belong anywhere. For some reason it makes me think poorly of being from California, too. I don't know, I might not be seeing things accurately but all I know is that I hate California. 99% of the bad things in my life have happened here. I wish I were from a European country like my mom. I've been to many countries and they ALL seem like much happier people. I made more friends there who actually loved me and appreciated me for who I am.
For many years in elementary school I was in Girl Scouts. They would all socialize and I would be the girl sitting in the corner alone. They ignored me. One time my dad overheard this one girl say to someone that the only friend I have is my mom. I have had many friends despite the fact I HARDLY talked. I wish I was prettier and more outgoing.

- Portia Arenas - 11-27-2012 06:38 AM

This is the only life your gonna get, you might as well make it a great life. start making life goals and acheiving them. Go to college then get a job, buy your own place, go shopping, and follow me on TwitterSmile but Im serious make something of yourself and live your life.