Twitist Forums
Do you still think you “control” your Facebook/Twitter/whatever addiction? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do you still think you “control” your Facebook/Twitter/whatever addiction? (/thread-45810.html)

Do you still think you “control” your Facebook/Twitter/whatever addiction? - Happy Hippie - 11-27-2012 06:35 AM

A generation of children risks growing up with obsessive personalities, poor self-control, short attention spans and little empathy because of an addiction to social networking websites such as Twitter, a leading neuroscientist has recently warned...

More: http://terranovauk.blog.com/2012/10/20/twitter-and-facebook-harming-childrens-development-2/

And it's not just children or young people... it's affecting everyone... Now, do you still think you "control" your addiction?

- GirlsDeadMonster - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM

Those who look to Facebook and Twitter for validation are doomed.

- Murli - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM

Yes, I have. I disliked all the pages I had initially liked on Facebook and I don't really care about celebrities and stuff...so why should I even care to go on to twitter.

You just need to have more hobbies and being addicted to computers, television is the reason the world is in such chaos.

- Mickey Finn - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM

By definition, people are not in control of their addictions.

- Dannie - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM

In case of addiction it is not in human hand. But can change their mind set to get away from that for some time instead of being too addictive for facebook/twitter/whatever things.
As I have an habit to check my daily Facebook activity but it does not mean that I am addicted to facebook. this how I have control myself on being addict.

- Roxy - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM

yes,HH ,I still think I 'control' my 'addiction'
Not everybody is unaware of what's going on, some people actually read the fine print,do their research and make a decision ,you shouldn't throw everybody into the same bag.
I LIKE using face book ,checked out twitter, couldn't see the point of it, got rid of it.
So how was/is your experience with F/B and Twitter?

- John mathew - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM

YES...and one of the best way is Sports... physical, metal...any sports...and you can see a change in you even if you are drug addict,,however exercise won,t help because it is done alone..if you do it in group it will help too.