Twitist Forums
If you were in 6th grade right now, would your parents let you...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: If you were in 6th grade right now, would your parents let you...? (/thread-46171.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- BER - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

have a boyfriend:
Yes. (But I didn't like any boys)

kiss him:
Yes. (But I didn't want to kiss anyone)

have a phone:
Probably a crappy one (I wasn't interested in phones)

have a facebook:
Probably. I got a Myspace in 7th grade

have a twitter:
Probably

go to the movies with ur friends (no adult):
Yes. I did that a lot.

hold hands with ur boyfriend: (if they would let u have one):
Yes

hug him:
Yes

So, I was allowed to do everything on the list, but I just chose not to. My sister had boyfriends in 6th grade and she would make out with them. My parents were fine with it. But when I was in 6th grade, I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend. I saw how bad everything worked out with my sister, and I knew it would just be a waste o time.

- Hannah - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

When I was in 6th grade, I was not aloud to have a boyfriend. I was definitely not aloud to kiss boys or hold hands with boys or hug boys. I was not aloud to have a Facebook, a phone, or a twitter. I don't know if they would have let me go to the movies without an adult (probably not). I wasn't even deprived! My parents just knew what was best for me. (I didn't get a Facebook until 9th grade). Instead of all that stuff, I would have my parents take my friends and I to the movies, or we would watch movies at my house, make home made pizza, homemade cookies, ride bikes around the neighborhood, play foursquare, paint our nails, talk about our crushes,... there's all kinds of stuff to do besides be on the computer or doing stuff with boys. (kissing boys lead to diseases and babes anyway if you aren't smart about it). So go do the things that 6th graders should do! Have fun!

Best of Luck <3

- ɛriռ εϊз - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

6th grade = year 5.

have a boyfriend: yes
kiss him: yes, just a cute peck
have a phone: yes, I didn't quite work out how to use one and usually it was a battered hand-me-down
have a facebook: yes
have a twitter: no
go to the movies with ur friends (no adult): no
hold hands with ur boyfriend: (if they would let u have one): yes
hug him: yes

- greene - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

(if I were interested in boys?)
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah...
my parents would treat 'gay' me just like they did 'straight'...

- milsna - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

wow some people are over protective, i would agree with all but twitter its a large world out there

- steepbike373 - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

Yes to having a boyfriend and a phone, no to just about everything else.

My parents didn't let me have Facebook until I was 14. They didn't let me go to the mall/movies alone til I was almost 14ish. They always let me have boyfriends but they never let me actually do stuff with them.

- Kylie*; - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

have a boyfriend: maybe.
kiss him: not in front of them.
have a phone: yeah, I had one for safety reasons.
have a facebook: yes.
have a twitter: yeaaa.
go to the movies with ur friends (no adult): yup.
hold hands with ur boyfriend: (if they would let u have one): uhuhh.
hug him: yes.

- Angel in hell 💔 - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

Have a boyfriend: nope still not allowed, u should be focusing on school not boys
Kiss him: nope
Have a phone: yep
Have Facebook: yep
Twitter: yep
Go tO movies with friends: nope
Hold hands: heck no
Hug him: nope

- Christine - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

no to all of the above. im 18 now and still not allowed to have a boyfriend, facebook/other social media, or go to R-rated movies. i do have a phone and i do go out with friends.

- ☮Ziva - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

No to all of them!