Twitist Forums
Question about Twitter - this is going to sound dumb................? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Question about Twitter - this is going to sound dumb................? (/thread-46177.html)

Question about Twitter - this is going to sound dumb................? - Nick - 11-27-2012 06:40 AM

But what is the point of Twitter? I guess I still don't get it. I keep looking around the site for some reason that I should be interested, but can't find any.

I'm following a few celebs that I like, but I read their tweets and I don't understand them and don't know if I'm supposed to respond or retweet or what.

What do you like about Twitter???

- Avital - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

For businesses, its good to build a following through social media sites. It creates better relationships with its customers. Some use Twitter as a platform, to share interesting info, pictures, etc. Its a way to market your business.

As for individuals, its like Facebook, just so your friends can post what they are thinking/doing, and you can follow them so you know what they are thinking at all times Tongue

- Kc - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

that's not a dumb question. but people use Twitter for different reasons. I use it to follow my favorite bands and celebrities and I retweet things that I want my followers to see or something that interests me. I also follow my friends on there so I can see what's up with their lives. I dont do that much anymore but high schoolers wants to know "drama" haha. and I like twitter because i can see exclusive things that the ACTUAL celebrities are posting. like ive gone to a secret band concert becuase they posted on twitter. Twitter is just basically like facebook but you post a whole bunch of statuses.

- Jimmy - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

I feel much the same as you, I really don't get it. A side note heard on the news that people are leaving Twitter for a new site called instagram, guess soon every one will be gramming each other.

- Jimmy - 11-27-2012 06:49 AM

Nothing really except nude women keep following me ~ weird Smile