Twitist Forums
May I use a picture from google, although it has an "circled, R"? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: May I use a picture from google, although it has an "circled, R"? (/thread-46216.html)

May I use a picture from google, although it has an "circled, R"? - Natalia - 11-27-2012 06:41 AM

Well, I love dancing, so I searched for pictures on Google, i typed "Dance" and lots of pictures came up.. Can i download some and place them in my Facebook or twitter account? They all have the "circled R"... Which mean its a trademark, may I download the pictures and palce them on my pages?? I dont wanna get in trouble..jeje

- kelley belly! - 11-27-2012 06:50 AM

No one cares about that anymore, lol.

- bcnu - 11-27-2012 06:50 AM

No, whether it has circle-R or circle-C has very little impact on whether you have a license to copy it and republish it for your own purposes. You would have the burden of proving that it is not copyrighted or that you have a license or that your use is somehow exempt from copyright infringement. Just because something doesn't have circle-C or other copyright notice on it does NOT mean it is copyright-free.

You can download pictures, but it is completely illegal to UPLOAD pictures or music or anything else that is copyrighted unless you have a license or can prove an exemption in federal court when you're sued.