Twitist Forums
What careers can one pursue as a Sociology major with a minor in Mass Communications/Media? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What careers can one pursue as a Sociology major with a minor in Mass Communications/Media? (/thread-46514.html)

What careers can one pursue as a Sociology major with a minor in Mass Communications/Media? - likea_warrior - 11-27-2012 06:45 AM

I'm only a college freshman, and I have a general idea of what this could lead to, but I'm curious if there's anything that's not the obvious.

- J-Man - 11-27-2012 06:53 AM

I would think Journalism. However, keep in mind that you dont neccessarily have to have a career in the field you majored in. For example, you can apply your knowledge in sociology to a marketing job.

Being a sociology major myself, There isn't a whole lot that directly applies to our major (with the exception of the obvious, social work). Your classes focus mostly on social inequality and theory. Coming out of a sociology major, you know the little quirks of interaction between social groups, culture, and why society is unequal - and explore those areas.

Indirectly, you can apply this knowledge to various different fields such as law enforcement.

Good luck!

- Ranto - 11-27-2012 06:53 AM

If someone asked me which two college majors do I think are most useless, my response would be "Sociology and mass communications."

You are a Freshman -- you still have time to pick something that will help you get a real career.