Twitist Forums
What is the role of television from a structural, conflict, symbolic and feminist point of view? What?!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What is the role of television from a structural, conflict, symbolic and feminist point of view? What?!? (/thread-46536.html)

What is the role of television from a structural, conflict, symbolic and feminist point of view? What?!? - Jasmine - 11-27-2012 06:45 AM

I'm not sure I follow this question at all.. I don't get how television plays a part of it. Or facebook, twitter, or terrorism. Can someone explain to me what this question means?
I get the theories, I just don't know how to apply "television" to it. ie. feminist like television because they can spread their voices through advertising? I doubt that's the answer though

- Jack Ripper - 11-27-2012 06:54 AM

This is about literary criticism. Structuralism was originally a linguistic concept proposed by Ferdinand de Saussure which has been appropriated by literary critics. Feminism is also a favorite topic of literary critics. Conflict studies and conflict resolution was originally for diplomats and military personnel, but now literary critics use that too. It's all a huge waste of time. I never bothered to learn it because it never seemed to be more than just intellectual masturbation. There are short handbooks that can explain all these theories to you.