Twitist Forums
What does John McCain mean in this quote about Mubarak? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What does John McCain mean in this quote about Mubarak? (/thread-4666.html)

Pages: 1 2

What does John McCain mean in this quote about Mubarak? - Doug Smith - 10-03-2012 11:16 AM

(From Twitter) SenJohnMcCain: Regrettably the time has come 4 Pres. Mubarak 2 step down and relinquish power

Is he saying it is a bad thing (Implied by him choosing the word 'Regrettably) that a tyrant seems to be on his way out?
Whig Party - Biden was wrong too, but if I wanted to talk about Biden's idiotic comment I would've included it in the question

- Stephen - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

his party supported the corrupt man for years. don't worry tomorrow he will flip flop

- Obama the Puppet - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Notice that Obama is riding the fence not making any comments about the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists taking over

- constitution rules - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

I don't know, someone should ask him.

- Whig Party - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Biden also said this guy wasn't a dictator. Obama cut funds to promote democracy in Egypt when the protests began. I read this on the Huffington Post. This is another dictator our politicians support for military reasons.

- Holy Cow! - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

It's also time for John McCain to go away forever.

- magick - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt here . He may mean that Moobarak had his chance over and over to change his ways ..

- AE Newman - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Cronies always stand up for their old boy network peers, but in this case, McCain is regretting that he will have to face the reality of his 30 years of support for Mubarak, and then have to ultimately learn to deal with the younger generation.

Essentially, McCain wants to live forever and regrets getting old. It makes him feel wistful, and hints at his own impending exit from the Senate.

- ☼Solar☼ - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Mubarak's time has come and gone. He has lost the respect of the people he governs. Senator McCain, simply stated what most people around the world think. It was a polite phase to pass on a hint.

- Big Yoda - 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Regrettable as in "Hasni, you screwed your people for the last time, now beat it". "Have a nice day".