Twitist Forums
What harm will not breastfeeding your children do? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What harm will not breastfeeding your children do? (/thread-47155.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What harm will not breastfeeding your children do? - Witchy Woman - 11-27-2012 06:53 AM

My partner said it may cause them to develop horrible allergies and skin conditions.

I'm not saying I don't believe him, but surely people who are not breastfed grow up to be perfectly fine?
Chloe: Are you trying to say that women who don't want to breastfeed should not have children?

Formula is there for a reason.
If formula was only meant to be for women who had no other option, it wouldn't be available to all women.

A woman should have the option.

- j2frw - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

Yes, there are advantages to breastfeeding, such as it can help boost the immune system but there is no reason you should have to breast feed if its not what you want to do. Your baby will be fine

- j2frw - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

My baby was not breastfed and (not just saying this cause she is mine) she is EXTREAMLY SMART. It doesnt cause any harm, its just healthier to breastfeed, for you and baby.

- referee - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

Yes they do, but breast fed babies have a better chance of fighting off illnesses,

- mattjconway - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

I'm not sure what actual harm not breastfeeding will do but I do know that there is EXTENSIVE evidence and research proving that babies that are breastfed are healthier, happier and have higher IQ's than those that are not.

- justme - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

It won't do your child any harm. Breastfeeding has its advantages, but formula milk is so advanced now they won't miss out on much.

- kristennikco - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

The only disadvantage to not breastfeeding is that the baby doesnt receive as many antibodies from you to fight off illness. But while growing in your room, they still receive antibodies. Neither of my sons were breastfed and both are incredibly smart, happy and healthy.

- mazzaroo87 - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

I think one of the main advantages of breastfeeding is literally the milk that you release within the first couple of days.

It helps with infections etc. But we are not in the dark ages and places are more clean and healthy in general anyway.

I dont believe not breastfeeding has any long term serious side effects. I was bottle fed. All my cousins were bottle fed. Millions of babies are bottle fed, and they are all fine.

Dont let people push you into breastfeeding if you dont wish to do it.

If you do, then good for you! But if you dont, then thats fine too!

Another advantage of breastfeeding is that it obviously helps the mother too and it causes the uterus to contract back to its normal size Big Grin

Good luck! Do whatever is right for you hunny!

- Sarah S - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

i breast fed my daughter for 3 weeks, in breast feding is the best milk with the best nutrients, but there is nothing wrong if you dont want to. it will do no harm if you dont.

- Steph - 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

NOT TRUE
breast milk has certain nutrients in it that can not be duplicated in formula, it gives you and your child a bonding chance, and is great do do...
however, it will not harm your baby in any way to let them just use formula if for some reason you cannot or do not want to breastfeed, i personally am sick of people bashing others who do not breastfeed, i was unable to breastfeed my daughter, so i pumped my milk and gave it to her until my milk dried up which was not my original plans and those people make you feel like a horrible mom or inadequate when you were not able to or just did not... do what you want honey cause breastfeeding is a lot more work on mom than men realize in the first place, you have to watch your diet, can not take certain medications, and can not let many other people feed your baby which means you can not leave very often...