Twitist Forums
How seriously are you preparing for the impending storm; especially East coast folks? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How seriously are you preparing for the impending storm; especially East coast folks? (/thread-47588.html)

Pages: 1 2

How seriously are you preparing for the impending storm; especially East coast folks? - Dejele - 11-27-2012 06:59 AM

Everyone is all abuzz on Twitter...PA and NJ are under states of alert...so do you have your candles, flashlights at the ready? Are you stockpiling food for a up to a week or do you say much ado about nothing?

- Johnson - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I'm in upstate new york, the storm is supposed to hit us aswell. I don't really care.

- Kodi - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

Well I live in Georgia, and we never do anything about it. I used to live in South Carolina (I lived there for over 10 years) and the only time there was any natural disaster (you couldn't even call it that) was a small tornado that hit New Ellenton and Aiken, but we were visiting family in another state so it didn't affect us. And even then most houses were just missing a window shutter or some roofing.

- gale - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I do not live on the East Coast, but I am praying for those who do.

- savannah - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I'm in Georgia.

My son flew his girlfriend from Maryland down here this morning.

At least she will be out of harms way ( she is a sweetie!).

- Thunderousveil342 - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I've lived on Long Island my whole life and some towns here literally get drowned just under a torrential downpour, let alone a hurricane.

My family is about 10 miles inland but we're right outside the official flood zone (my neighborhood still floods, just not to the point of evacuation). We're always prepared in case anything happens. I think they only thing my parents haven't gotten yet is bottled water. Last I checked there were still more than 2 or 3 predicted paths for the hurricane so we're taking it day by day, hour by hour. Last time there was a big storm it had started to peter out by the time it hit us so it wasn't as bad as predicted but it still did a lot of damage.

- S - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I am out west and live with in a block of a major fault line. They keep telling us not if, but when. I don't worry, cause nothing I can do to stop it. We are over due. I hope people prepare and hunker down and let us know they are o.k. back there as soon as they got power back on I hope people take this storm seriously.

- power - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

Here in MD we are under a state of emergency. If you look on a map you can see our state is just about split by the Chesepeake Bay yet I don't worry much. It's very calm outside right now. I just don't feel anything is going to happen. Maybe I should go next door & see if my neighbors dogs are acting strangely.

- Leroy - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

Although we here in the mid- western part of S. Carolina will feel no more affect than we are now, which is some stiff breezes, I fear for my son who lives on the Jersey shore about 65 miles south of NYC. My daughter lives along the shore of the Long Island Sound in Connecticutt. I'll be keeping close watch and in touch with them. It'll be interesting to see if the Federal and state governments have learned anything from their failures of the past.

- mozzy - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I think everyone should be prepared no matter where they live because of the strange weather patterns. Here in the upper California valley we had our first storm last week and it brought 5 tornados and damage. This is very uncommon for this area (just north of Sacramento). Be safe everyone.