Twitist Forums
is there a western verison of the so-called chinese 50-cents? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: is there a western verison of the so-called chinese 50-cents? (/thread-48119.html)

Pages: 1 2

is there a western verison of the so-called chinese 50-cents? - purringafterthought273 - 12-04-2012 02:10 AM

- Tracey O - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

No, we have social lives thanks!

- Fizgog - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

I doubt it! and if there was we would ask for a lot more than 50 Chinese cents (5pence)!

- Daniel - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

As is known by a majority of Mainland Chinese cyber citizens, there are too many internet spys recruited secretly by CIA of the US, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, obviously the government of Taiwan Province and so on on Mainland BBS!!! They are crazy about attacking the govennment of Mainland China and make up stories in order to increase the disorder in Mainland China. They are addicted to toady to USA, Japan, Taiwan Province so that they can earn money to make a living. For example, they will say how free is it in America or Taiwan Province and stupidly encourage Mainland Chinese to support the war in Afghanistan and Irak launched by the US and the riot in Xinjiang Province and Tibet Province of China.

As is predicted, the article about 1,000 words is worth 50 to 300 US dollars. But it's a mystery that how much money they are paid when they comment on Mainland BBS! Can westerners and Taiwanese answer my question?

But Mainland Chinese are not curious about Internet spys from western coutries and Taiwan, they have no time to look into this evil thing, they only want to make more money. In Mainland China, most of the people are keen on making money. Chinese benifit from the reform and opening up policy and many people become weathy, and they want to be weathier, so they would like to work hard. China are developing fast. In 1990s of the 20th Century, we all think Taiwan and Hongkong are the weathy and developed region and appreciate them. But now, with the sharp development of Mainland China and the Hongkong's and Taiwan's opening up for Mainland Chinese individual traveller, we Mainland Chinese can actually reveal the veil of Hongkong and Taiwan, and sadly speaking, the Mainland Chinese's admiration for Hongkong and Taiwan, especially Taiwan, fade away.

Why? The answer is the deveopment of China. Nowadays, those who come from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen or other cities in Mainland China, have not regarded Taipei as a competitor any more, and the citizens who travelled to Taiwan before, said Taipei is like a small 'village', and they compare Taiwan to Korea, which is arrogant and suffering from megalomania.

Taiwanese always say they can see the 'real' reports on Mainland China, which are reported by the western countries. They regard western countries as God. They trust everyting reported by western countries. Too sad.... If you look into the reports, you will find out many of them are fakes.

OK, believe it or not!

- 50 Cent - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

Western news agencies negatively skew most stories about China. They report about Chinese pollution, poverty, and alleged human rights abuses when they could be reporting about China's pollution controls, improved standard of living, and reformed legal system. Here are the usual suspects:

CNN

Fox News

Sky News

MSNBC

BBC

New York Times

Washington Post

The Times (UK)

The Guardian (UK)

I am '50 Cent', so I know what I am talking about. Buy my CDs!

- Craftylass - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

Most marketing, advertising and public relations firms recognize the power of "word of mouth." Modern times include more than someone merely telling someone else about a product . . . modern times want to harness the power of the internet.

Some of the most powerful marketing tools on the internet are not the paid ads, the pop-up ads or the "selective" product offerings by the likes of Google, etc. It comes from social networks and blogs. Just imagine . . . 60 years ago, if you found a product you liked, you told your neighbor about it. Now, if you find something you like (or don't like), you tell all your friends and even anonymous readers about it via Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.

The New York Times references this phenomenon in the following article:

"A technology convention may not be the natural venue to introduce a household cleaning product. But to harness the viral marketing of social media, Procter & Gamble sponsored an event last week before the BlogHer 2009 conference in Chicago to present its updated Swiffer Wet Jet cleaning mop, which will be shipped to stores around Aug. 1.

"The company was the title sponsor of the Swiffer SocialLuxe Lounge, billed as a pampering party. More than 500 BlogHer participants stopped by on Thursday afternoon, which offered makeovers, a blogging awards presentation and stations to recharge phones and hand-held devices.

"One of the main stations at the event had a campy theme that allowed bloggers to test the new Swiffer and dress up as their favorite housewife character, like Lucille Ball or Marge Simpson.

“These bloggers are influential,” said Beth Feldman, founder of RoleMommy.com, who was one of the six bloggers who organized the event.

"Even if bloggers did not write about the product, many sent messages through Twitter, posted updates on Facebook or reached out to their readers in other ways. More than 1,000 photos were uploaded from the event, thanks to another sponsor, Eye-Fi, Ms. Feldman said.

“It’s not just about blogs anymore. It’s about the numerous ways you can get the word out to people that can make an impact,” she said.

"Companies are increasingly sponsoring blogging events, underwriting the travel costs for bloggers to attend tech conventions and even paying bloggers hundreds of dollars for postings or viral marketing campaigns.

"But Procter & Gamble strictly underwrote part of the cost of the event itself rather than paying for any positive press, the company said. Bloggers who attended could request samples of the products for their trials or giveaways and provide their honest opinions, said Mark Mercurio, assistant brand manager for Swiffer.

“Word of mouth is a very powerful tool,” said Mr. Mercurio, who added that the company monitored other feedback, like Amazon.com customer reviews and opinions from focus groups. “Consumers are increasingly investigating products online.”

"Andy Sernovitz, a blogger who monitors ethics, praised the guidelines set up by the BlogHer organizers.

"That does not mean, however, that paid content was a rarity at the Chicago conference. The BlogHer convention site offered plenty of giveaways and gift certificates worth hundreds of dollars that were underwritten by corporations."

Companies are quite public about their desire to sway public opinion. This is also true in the government sector as well. The internet has increased its influence in politics over the last ten years and will continue to do so. Most fully developed societies have an open internet forum that allows the average citizen to post whatever they want, where they want, without needing to be paid for it.

There are millions of Americans who love their country as much as millions of Chinese love theirs. The difference between them and those who "blindly" praise China without recognizing faults, is that most Americans will freely admit problems. The rabid "50-center" won't admit to any problems, but tries to divert attention from current issues by pointing fingers at others.

Here's an illustration: If you are five feet tall and weigh 300 pounds then you are extremely overweight. Now, stand next to someone who is five feet tall, but weighs 600 pounds. Pointing fingers at the other person, the first one can feel "thin" in comparison, but it doesn't change the fact that the original problem hasn't changed. So goes the attitude of the "50-center." They don't acknowledge that there is a problem . . . they just try to point out a "bigger" problem elsewhere else.

- Lindz - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

wu jiao?

- sailor8 - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

Hey! Monkey man (Average American) says I am the same person as your (Hmmmmmm) husband,cough cough and Richard something. Would that be close to being a .49 center? I doubt if either of these people share my opinion but what the....... I think the Chinese people are the greatest and best people I have ever met. My only wish is that I had met them much earlier in my life. This is a loss to me. As for being paid to spread some other persons ideas or thoughts, ha ha ha. There ain't enough money on the table for that! I guess my biggest fault with this site is I think ALL people should have Human Rights, not something a government gives you but something you are born with. Have a good day.

- Elena S - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

no idea what is called 50-cents...
but the fact there are two groups here is 100%...

the difference is too obvious...

- Mightymaid553 - 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

there is...
if you consider Ukraine to be western...
coz many don't consider Ukraine as west proper...
for obvious reasons...

my Ukrainian sister has been dating the famous Chinese 50 center "you know who"...
she sympathized with his cause...
and has been recruited when they had been to Sydney together...
she is attending indoctrination sessions...
so bit busy these days to come on Yahoo Answers...