Twitist Forums
Can any one tell me how to twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Can any one tell me how to twitter? (/thread-4818.html)

Can any one tell me how to twitter? - mary B - 10-03-2012 01:50 PM

Can any one tell me how to twitter. I have an account set up and I have 6 I am following with 1 direct message. When I click on that direct message, it comes up. Send a direct message. I type in my message and click send, nothing happens.
How do I send a message out to just 1 person?

- Taco Monkey - 10-03-2012 01:58 PM

Just log in and tell everyone about crap they don't care about....what you're looking at, what you're eating, what's on TV, what your poop looked like this morning, etc.

- Crapface - 10-03-2012 01:58 PM

I don't understand how someone could be so self-involved to think that anyone would care what they are doing at any given moment during the day. Twitter is so lame. Ashton Kutcher is a d-bag.

- Jacki M - 10-03-2012 01:58 PM

You both have to be following each other to be able to send a direct message, I think it's dumb, but it is what it is.

- Aurora - 10-03-2012 01:58 PM

Direct messages go to just the single person, @ replies show up on your page but also show up for the person + whoever has you both on their friends list.

The person below me is incorrect, direct messages are like a private message to the person the @ replies are visible on your page.

- iFreak - 10-03-2012 01:58 PM

You can't send a message to just one person, but you can direct it to them by typing "@<username> <message>" of course, replacing them with the correct variants. Hope this helped... Even thought It's not much.