Twitist Forums
A small detail from Raw: What is the thought process here, WWE? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Hashtag (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: A small detail from Raw: What is the thought process here, WWE? (/thread-4958.html)

A small detail from Raw: What is the thought process here, WWE? - The Diamond Cutter - 10-03-2012 04:10 PM

With of the Twitter BS on Raw, I think most of us might've missed one detail. Dolph Ziggler's jacket had the hashtag "heel" on it. What the hell?

WWE is so unrealistic already. I mean c'mon! How is it that in every Rey Mysterio match, and just his matches, the guy just happens to fall perfectly on the ropes and a kick to the face somehow takes him out? They do so much work trying to make this look legit, and then they let Ziggler come out with a wrestling term for STORYLINE PURPOSES on his jacket.

I think promos around WWE have gotten way out of character. If your show is based on a storyline, then you have to insult the viewer's intelligence. Ziggler shouldn't have heel on his jacket, he shouldn't be shown to us as a heel, WWE needs to push him as a "bad guy".

Anybody else agree here? I know it's a small detail, but still, what has wrestling come to?
Straight Edge Enigma: That's a good point you make. I guess I'm ticked that now Twitter is getting on the merchandise.

- Respectedarmy278 - 10-03-2012 04:18 PM

Heel is only known by fans who know that wrestling is fixed anyway, the ones who don't know aren't suddenly going to know because of a word written on a jacket.

Plus heel also means 'A dishonorable man' so he could easily just be proud of his actions.

Also the phrase "bad guy" is a lot more obvious that something's fixed since "bad guys" are only in movies and tv. Where as a heel exists in real life too.