Twitist Forums
Do you think this Chinese Proverb is valid? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think this Chinese Proverb is valid? (/thread-49645.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you think this Chinese Proverb is valid? - A Zealous Zebra Commenter ♥ - 12-09-2012 11:18 AM

"The fire of anger only burns the angry"

We live in such an angry world. I read recently that this has become a big problem in communicating in texts, twitter accounts and the like. It is amazing how many are dealing with anger issues.

Why do you think that is so?

Your thoughts...

- Pagan Hammer - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

Hate is the reason for being.

- Le BigMac - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

Yes for the most part.

And the phrase "burns the angry" usually comes in the form of incarceration, a heart attack or stomach ulcer.

- Crazykiss997 - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

Angry Christian...Hello? You there? Well, if your reading this, you just got burned...

- Jerry - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

The Book of Revelation, often simply known as Revelation or by a number of variants expanding upon its authorship or subject matter, is the final book of the New Testament and occupies a central part in Christian eschatology.

- Amateurcap159 - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

Nope. Angry people also make those around them suffer.

I do like this one though- it's a curse: "May you live in interesting times."

- Bride of Christ - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

this is why....

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

- Mara - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

In the case of an irrational anger I completely agree with it.
Any kind of extreme behaviour harms in the longer run more the person who is expressing it than the one who is supposed to receive it.

I usually connect anger with a verbal fight. I honestly believe people should only fight when they can achieve something very important (note that I say achieve not try). Useless fight develops useless anger.

- Kawika 808hi - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

Do you think this Chinese Proverb is valid?
"The fire of anger only burns the angry"

We live in such an angry world. I read recently that this has become a big problem in communicating in texts, twitter accounts and the like. It is amazing how many are dealing with anger issues.

Why do you think that is so?

Well look at who has temporary control over it. (1 John 5:19) It's to be expected. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 foretold what the world would be like in the time of the end.

- shortgrandmother595 - 12-09-2012 11:26 AM

It sounds valid to me