Twitist Forums
What does it mean - in your opinion - if someone describes themselves as 'a believer in Pan'? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What does it mean - in your opinion - if someone describes themselves as 'a believer in Pan'? (/thread-5015.html)

What does it mean - in your opinion - if someone describes themselves as 'a believer in Pan'? - HomoSapien - 10-03-2012 05:10 PM

What does it mean - in your opinion - if someone describes tghemselves as 'a believer in Pan'?
I understand Pan is a mythological Greek God but what significance would a person's 'belief in Pan' have and furthermore why do you think it would be important for them to advertise this on, say, a twitter or facebook profile page?

I understand this is conjecture but weigh in - is their a modern day Pan following? A religion?

- Silly Grunt - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

They believe in Peter Pan

- Chris - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

Pan the man. Bang a rang Peter.

- Anonut - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

You mean Peter?

- Shriekingeducation615 - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

Believer in Pan = Pagan

- SmokeUpSerling - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

Half man, half goat. The Chupacabra. A supposed manifestation of the devil.

- Tao Man - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

That Greek mythology is easier to believe and more logical than mainstream religions.

- Nighttree - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

IMO, they are claiming to be a "follower" of Pan.

And yes, there are a large variety of Neo-pagan traditions out there, many of which may include Pan among the god's they give worth to.

- *Blessed* - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

Pan is the god of nature, and that means that this person follows a Pagan religion. There are many different Pagan religions, and most of them are closely tied with nature. They may post this on a Facebook profile the same way that I would post that I am a Christian. I mean, it does ask your religious affiliation.

- Brad here - 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

Alot of the time the same pagan gods have had name changes throughout history
depending on the region and also the empire.
Pan is described with the exact features as a satyre
You know...the half man / half goat creature that prances around with an erection playing a picholo.
"satyre" comes from the same root term that we get saturn and satan.