Twitist Forums
Got BB Curve 8520 and I downloaded the Facebook application. What does prompt, deny and allow mean? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Got BB Curve 8520 and I downloaded the Facebook application. What does prompt, deny and allow mean? (/thread-50956.html)

Got BB Curve 8520 and I downloaded the Facebook application. What does prompt, deny and allow mean? - Lexie - 12-14-2012 06:15 AM

Help, I downloaded the application, but in the beginning process it said all these choices where you can customize and all that; one of them said media and the choices were deny, allow, & prompt. So I just clicked deny, but what does it mean? Does it mean I am not going to get any medais from the fbook notifications; should I re-install and install again? Thanks!

- dburg143 - 12-14-2012 06:23 AM

It's part of the browser asking to allow access to the program, similar to a firewall. Click allow and hopefully it won't ask you anymore or it may ask you every time.

Allow Access
Deny Access
Prompt = ask me every time if I want to allow access

- Raymond - 12-14-2012 06:23 AM

It's like a electronic handshake. Asking permission to allow access to your device. Choose allow and the the menu key and save. By saving it won't ask again. Good phone choice. Good luck!!