Twitist Forums
Why are social networking sites like Facebook,Twitter etc so popular.It's not cool to want to know everyones? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter privacy (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Why are social networking sites like Facebook,Twitter etc so popular.It's not cool to want to know everyones? (/thread-51173.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why are social networking sites like Facebook,Twitter etc so popular.It's not cool to want to know everyones? - Arlanymor Mountain Man - 12-15-2012 12:16 AM

business.Is it ?

- ☸ɦǟnnǟ☸ - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

It's a way to keep in touch with people. I like Facebook! It lets me catch up with some of my old friends! I don't really get the point of Twitter though

- pease blossom - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

i think they're majorly creepy.

- Rae - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

They are popular because I don't know why. They are annoying, time consuming and the reason of so many dumb things.

I am a facebook hater, yet I am always on it. But, right now I am currently taking a break from it (my friend had to change the password) and I haven't been on for a while. I FEEL great! I plan to do this for a while (:

- Duke - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

People don't look at it like that.

They look at it like it's a big chat party.

Personally I don't get the fascination in it myself but to each his own...

- Kevin Phillips - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

Two lines from "Look At Me" by Voice Of The Beehive:

Everybody's saying "look at me, look at me"
Everyone's so certain they've got something no one else can see

- Dianne G - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

I don't do twitter....but I have a facebook acct......I don't get "into much"......I am a bit private....I don't like telling all my business on there!! I think people just like to connect to old friends, classmates etc.....

- ∁hristian T - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

Its just people wanting attention,thats all.There are some people who truly do have social networking sites to keep in touch with family or friends,but its mostly for attention.Most people are nosey and do want to know everyones business.It makes them feel important or like they have more friends.

- calmroute450 - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

i don't got either one.....but i'm still pretty COOL i guess??

- ♥ Bunz♥ - 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

I agree. I joined Facebook and was so out of my depth. I felt as if I was stripped naked and on show before a huge audience. I was a member for a total of 22 hours and in that time at least a hundred people wanted to be my friend. I was 'poked' and sent thing, (bananas etc) I closed the account and breathed a sigh of relief.