Twitist Forums
Hi can i stop getting weird things like they are some nasty people say nasty things about me on twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Hi can i stop getting weird things like they are some nasty people say nasty things about me on twitter? (/thread-51339.html)

Hi can i stop getting weird things like they are some nasty people say nasty things about me on twitter? - Arianne - 12-15-2012 02:54 PM

I've been getting these losing weight ads and these people saying nasty things about me on Twitter. Will they ever stop. Or is it just the computer or me?

- krispy - 12-15-2012 03:02 PM

they r da fake people who r messaging u to invalid or links .. who will redirect u to some stuff .. from which they would b able to access ur account ..
just IGNORE that stuff ,....

- Holly - 12-15-2012 03:02 PM

Okay, to start go onto your profile.
2) Click Edit your profile
3) Click apps
4) Click 'revoke access' on everything.

That will now not allow websites to have access to your account.
If you have been getting direct messages saying that stuff just delete them, as they are not the person themselves. If they keep coming, you can either block or unfollow whoever your getting them from. This way you cannot get them any more. Hope i helped Smile

- Lincoln - 12-15-2012 03:02 PM

Those are just automated spam. Nothing much you can do about it. Just ignore them and wait for Twitter to ban them. Unless you approved suspicious apps to access your Twitter, you don't have to revoke their access. Most of the apps have very strong privacy laws and conditions in place.