Twitist Forums
How is the job market for a Bachelor in Public Administration degree? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: How is the job market for a Bachelor in Public Administration degree? (/thread-51498.html)

How is the job market for a Bachelor in Public Administration degree? - czuniga1983 - 12-16-2012 02:35 AM

HI all, I am considering going to Florida International University to earn a Bachelors in Public Administration online since I work full time, though I probably will take in-classroom courses when time permits. I was wondering how is the job market for this type of degree? Thanks.

- Chris - 12-16-2012 02:43 AM

Most government organizations are laying off employees. It is very hard to get a job when even experienced people are unemployed.

- Kristin - 12-16-2012 02:43 AM

Not very good. Even with a masters degree you won't be able to find a decent job in that field. I would think about business administration if I were you. Jobs there are not quite as scares as in public administration. I have a similar degree (political science) and I struggled to find a decent job. Eventually I went back to school and got a Masters in education so that I can teach social studies. I hope this information helps please don't make the same mistake I made! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!